Quarterback Johnny Manziel allegedly struck his ex-girlfriend several times during an incident at the Hotel ZaZa in downtown Dallas early last Saturday morning, according to a Fort Worth police report released Thursday.

Despite the allegations, Manziel wasn’t charged by police, who said Thursday they consider the case closed.

According to the report, parts of which were blacked out, Manziel and his ex-girlfriend left the hotel after he struck her. Manziel drove them to his ex-girlfriend’s apartment in Fort Worth. The ex-girlfriend told officers that she and Manziel shouted angrily at each other, going back and forth, during the drive, and that he struck her several more times.

ABC affiliate WFAA in Dallas reported that Manziel told the woman to “shut up or I’ll kill us both” after he forced her into the car.

The woman alleged that he was acting “as if he were on some kind of drugs” but maintained that he was not intoxicated.

Manziel, in an interview with TMZ Sports posted on its website Thursday, said of the allegations that he struck his ex-girlfriend: “It didn’t happen.” He also said, “I’m completely stable. I’m safe and secure.”

Sgt. Steve Enright said Fort Worth police determined “no reported criminal offense occurred” within the city’s jurisdiction. Dallas police issued a statement Thursday night saying they conducted a follow-up investigation and Manziel’s case is closed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday that the league is aware of the details in the Manziel police report and its investigation is continuing.

A source told ESPN’s Pat McManamon earlier this week that the Browns plan to release Manziel in March, the end result of his latest off-the-field incident.

On Tuesday, the team said that Manziel’s “continual involvement in incidents … undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization.” It said his status will be addressed when permitted by league rules.

The Browns offered another statement Thursday, saying they were aware of the police report and had nothing to add to their previous comments. New coach Hue Jackson also said Thursday that he stands by the team’s previous comments.

Police initially responded to the assault call after a neighbor of Manziel’s ex-girlfriend called 911 when she ran to her home to seek help, according to the report.

After arriving at the apartment complex in Fort Worth, Manziel’s ex-girlfriend told police she was running in and out of her apartment to get away from the QB. Police say she became irritated and increasingly uncooperative with their questions.

The woman told officers that Manziel fled the apartment complex on foot. Police dispatched a helicopter to search for him. According to the report, police called Manziel’s cell phone multiple times and received no answer. They also called Manziel’s parents in an effort to locate him.

Manziel’s father, Paul, was reached via phone by an officer early Saturday afternoon. He told the officer that he had seen his son and that Johnny was doing fine. According to the report, Manziel’s father told the officer that he didn’t want to further comment on the situation. He also requested that officers do not contact him again unless there is an existing warrant.

In an interview with WFAA posted Thursday, Manziel’s father added: “We’re trying to get our son better. We’re not there yet.”

It’s the second time since October that Manziel has been under review by the league for a domestic incident. He was cleared of wrongdoing after police were called when he and the same woman got into a heated roadside argument in Avon, Ohio.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith was asked Thursday if his group had been in touch with Manziel.

“We would never comment on our conversations with a player,” Smith said. “Obviously we have a domestic violence commission, counselors, hotlines. But we make it a pretty strong position that we never talk about the conversations that we have with players.”

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Manziel allegedly struck ex-girlfriend several times

Article source: http://abc7chicago.com/sports/details-of-johnny-manziel-incident-released;-police-say-case-closed/1187433/